Friday, July 5, 2013

church and chocolate (+ topic preview poll!)

Chocolate.  What feelings do you get when you hear that word?  Now compare them to what you feel when you hear the word church.  Yes, that might be a strange comparison, and yes, admittedly my brain may weirdly have equal amounts of both on its mind, but that is beside the point.

The point is that (unless you are part of that unfortunately minority of the populous who dislikes chocolate) you most likely had more positive associations with chocolate than with church.  Why is that?  Why is it that so many of us (myself included) have mixed feelings about the Church?

Another good question is this: is it meant to be that way?  What I mean by this is, should church be something that makes us excited, ambivalent, or even angry?  Has this changed over the course of history?

These are questions which I have been asking myself the past few years.  They are part of the reason I took a considerable amount of time this past year to study the Church.  In this blog, I hope to share a bit of what I learned and am still learning.

One final question.  Here are a list of potential blog post topics.  What topic sounds most interesting to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment